Tags: chest, drugs, fat, feel, health, ive, loose, lose, medications, nipple, soft, squishy, weight

Fat seems loose, soft and squishy...

On Health & Drugs & Medications » Lose Weight

6,945 words with 17 Comments; publish: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:18:00 GMT; (900203.13, « »)

well ive just began to notice that the fat on my chest, as well as around my nipple really seems to feel squishy and soft. It usually is harder. Same thing with my stomach as well...im about 19% bf and cutting and just wondering what the hell this means...

All Comments

Leave a comment...

• 17 Comments
    • Could be water retention... or could be muscle loss...
      #1; Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:19:00 GMT
    • Quote:

=== Original Words ===

That's good news. That means there is an increased blood flow to the adipose tissue, and it's being primed to get burned off! As you lose weight you'll notice the fat you have gets softer and squishier.
      #2; Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:20:00 GMT
    • Yup, it's a good thing

I remember when I first noticed squishy fat, lol, it means you're moving in the right direction!

#3; Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:21:00 GMT
    • yeah that is correct it is getting ready to get burned baby burned yeah!!!!yahooooooooooooooo
      #4; Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:22:00 GMT
    • i used to here it when i sat in the crunch machine and i heard the fat go squish squash. hehehe
      #5; Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:23:00 GMT
    • THis is good news because this is how my fat is getting too, especially on my underarms, belly and inner thighs.. I was going to post the question one of these days.. looks like I don't have to! Good news though, thanks guys.
      #6; Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:24:00 GMT
    • lol i was close to ask the same I was like what is happening with the fat and now I know.. i am on 2.3 months of my 3 months of cutting. I start at 185 around 25% bf now 160 15% bf and i feel good knowing that this fat is going to dissapear soon
      #7; Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:25:00 GMT
    • Yep...and you'll evetually be left with nothing but skin and fat support structure :P
      #8; Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:26:00 GMT
    • Quote:

=== Original Words ===

you are sold on this 'fat support structure' idea, but I'm not buying it :P

We need links to articles!

#9; Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:27:00 GMT
    • I'm in the same boat I feel fat leaving my body every week and thats a good thing
      #10; Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:28:00 GMT
    • fat support structure?

I don't get it.

I have muscle there too, damn it. Are you referring to muscle loss?

#11; Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:29:00 GMT
    • can someone explain what is the fat support structure ?? mmmmm... let me do a search
      #12; Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:30:00 GMT
    • king of chaos is convinced that those of us who were morbidley obese for any extended period of time have "support fat"... fat that our body will not burn off because it's part of our genetic blue print. I call BS, and I want to see the article.

(btw, he will explain it better than me, I don't know wtf i'm talking about lol)

#13; Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:31:00 GMT
    • Well personaly if i felt "softer" i would be kind of upset, because it sounds like muscle loss.

Eh, who knows. Im just guessin, im no expert.

#14; Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:32:00 GMT
    • Here are some

Quote:

The skin is the body’s heaviest organ, with a mass of 4-5 kg, and a total surface area of about 1.2-2.2 m2. The skin is composed of two layers, the epidermis and the dermis. The epidermis is the outermost layer, which principally functions as a protective barrier, while the dermis is the vascularised, innermost layer. Beneath the skin, there is a layer of loose connective tissue known as the hypodermis, or superficial fascia. This layer is not part of the skin itself, but instead it functions to loosely attach the skin to the subadjacent tissue. As a fatty layer, the hypodermis also functions as a shock absorber and as an insulator.
      In essence, the hypodermis is where our subcutaneous fat is stored...the more fat you have, the larger the hypodermis becomes...and when you lose weight...it stays large.
      #15; Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:33:00 GMT
    • LOL, i was getting scared too, the fat on my ass and thighs is getting really squishy soft too, so hopefully thats going next!

So far I can tell a lot of my fat came off my upper body and waiste. This week people at my university failed to even recognize me! One kid comes up to me and is like "Woah have you been working out, you can see your muscles!" lol. My biceps/triceps are just beggining to show, also my calfs are coming along really nicely.

#16; Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:34:00 GMT
    • Mike LaFisca-

I assure you that I have not lost muscle. I am stronger, muscles harder, I eat more and still lose, etc - and i'm losing fat. In all areas of my body, the fat itself is not as tough - looser, softer, more mushy - my arms for instance are not MUSHIER, but if I pull the fat - the fat itself is softer and squishier. This is now the second place i've read that it's a good sign when fat gets like that (the other, a female dieting/exericise forum). It's been like that for a a good few months now and surely melting away. Pre-diet, exercise and weightlifting - it was one fat round, and realatively speaking - tough fat arm. Now, though the fat is squishy underneath - they are much more defined. Keep in mind, my body was so depletely of muscle due to a medicine I was taking - that I started with THREE POUND weights (for things such as bicep curls). I'm now up to 20 lbs. Nope. Don't think i'm losing muscle.

About this fatty stucture blah blah blah.. I call BS too, I know a few people who went from being SUPER fat, to looking great - no doubt about it skin was an issue though. Skin will always be an issue.. oh the dreaded skin. Luckily I can blame mine on the 3 year old son I have.. someday when he's older Because it honestly isn't from being that overweight though i'm certain had i not ever had my son, i'd still have some skin. Oh that damn skin.. and oh I go a'rambling again.

#17; Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:35:00 GMT