Tags: become, becoming, drugs, fat, guys, health, lose, losing, medications, mooshy, opposed, soft, weight, working

"hard" fat becoming "soft"

On Health & Drugs & Medications » Lose Weight

7,365 words with 27 Comments; publish: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 11:57:00 GMT; (900234.38, « »)

Since I've been losing weight, my fat has become soft and mooshy, as opposed to the hard fat I had before I started working out.

Can you guys give some input as to why this is happening? Some people say it's good thing, that it's a sign of progress, but I hate feeling flabby.

Has anyone else experienced this?

All Comments

Leave a comment...

• 27 Comments
    • Its a good thing, thats what fat is like before it "goes away".
      #1; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 11:58:00 GMT
    • you should be happy, soft fat is much easier to burn than hard fat.
      #2; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 11:59:00 GMT
    • There was a post talking about this a couple of weeks ago.

Basically it stated that hard fat is fat that has not had a lot of blood circulated through it in a while. When you start to excercise the fat will become softer and more jiggly. This is a good thing. Hard fat puts you at in increased risk of a heart attack.

#3; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:00:00 GMT
    • i have also noticed over the past 80 lbs i ditched that my fat feels different when im cutting. sometimes it feels rubbery, sometimes it feels like little chunklets in there, but it never feels hard anymore...down with the fat patty
      #4; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:02:00 GMT
    • THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS.

Like a block of frozen ice on the road during the winter. It's hard, and as time goes by and it gets warmer, it becomes slush.

#5; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:03:00 GMT
    • Good metaphor!
      #6; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:04:00 GMT
    • is it a metaphor or similie, i always mix those two up
      #7; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:04:00 GMT
    • Quote:

=== Original Words ===

phillipguru

sometimes it feels rubbery, sometimes it feels like little chunklets in there, down with the fat patty

LMAO

I've never noticed fat becoming soft, but when I cut it causes skin to be temporarily looser from the fat loss and I get that smooth feeling.

#8; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:06:00 GMT
    • Quote:

=== Original Words ===

badboyslayer

LMAO

The skin isn't getting "temporarily looser", rather the fat is getting "softer"...that's the process it goes through before it's offically "cut"...
      #9; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:07:00 GMT
    • I'm starting to notice 'soft' fat in my calves. Aside from my mid-section, my calves are the last major hold-outs of fat on my body.
      #10; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:08:00 GMT
    • Quote:

=== Original Words ===

Chicago911

Yea the fat is getting softer. The skin is also getting looser, it takes time for skin to adapt to a smaller frame. I dont have large amounts of fat so the only thing I notice is skin looseness.
      #11; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:09:00 GMT
    • Quote:

=== Original Words ===

phillipguru

is it a metaphor or similie, i always mix those two up

it hinkt i is a simile...

an as for the fat...yea i notice that aswell...but appaerntly it is a good thing so oh well ill take it.

#12; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:10:00 GMT
    • Quote:

=== Original Words ===

phillipguru

is it a metaphor or similie, i always mix those two up

Just to clear it up and keep the thread on subject

metaphor - n : a figure of speech in which an expression is used to refer to something that it does not literally denote in order to suggest a similarity

simile - n : a figure of speech that expresses a resemblance between things of different kinds (usually formed with `like' or `as')

The statement, ``that man is a fox,'' is a metaphor; but ``that man is like a fox,'' is a simile

Examples and definitions taken from dictionary.com

#13; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:11:00 GMT
    • Damn I thought I was going crazy.

I have noticed the exact same thing.

sweeeeeet

#14; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:12:00 GMT
    • I also experienced that so called "soft" fat. I don't think it is actually fat. it is water retention and a bit loose skin. with more sweating, it can be eliminated.
      #15; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:13:00 GMT
    • Quote:

=== Original Words ===

jcebedo1

I too thought it was loose skin because I had never felt fat that was soft and jiggly, but in fact it is fat and is normal...continue losing the weight properly and it will be gone.

Careful, I've noticed a lot of people on these boards throw the term "loose skin" loosly

Loose skin is thin with very LITTLE tissue support, like the thin piece of skin on the back of your hand that you can easily pinch with little tissue support.

#16; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:14:00 GMT
    • Yeah, I have noticed the same thing. It isn't loose skin, it's "softer fat."
      #17; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:15:00 GMT
    • Yeah, thats how it works. I began cutting 4 weeks ago and I didn't measure my waist during the 4 weeks until the other day. Before that though, I thought I was actually getting fatter because I noticed my fat was getting softer and "grosser." But in actuality, I had lost 2.5" off my waist and now I'm glad that my fat is beginning to get softer.
      #18; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:16:00 GMT
    • huh, my fat was always soft.......
      #19; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:17:00 GMT
    • That's why I learned not to trust my scales and to trust my wardrobe afterwhile.
      #20; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:18:00 GMT
    • Quote:

=== Original Words ===

Amon-Amarth

Good metaphor!

I understand this thread died out a while ago but I have to say this:

It's an analogy. Not a metaphor. Not a simile.

#21; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:19:00 GMT
    • Quote:

=== Original Words ===

101101

I understand this thread died out a while ago but I have to say this:

It's an analogy. Not a metaphor. Not a simile.

Thank you. I've been waiting months for someone to come along and clear that up.
      #22; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:20:00 GMT
    • Can someone explain to me what this hard and soft fat is?

I don't know which of the two I have...

#23; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:21:00 GMT
    • Quote:

=== Original Words ===

Ragadozo

Can someone explain to me what this hard and soft fat is?

I don't know which of the two I have...

Yeah...ive never felt hard fat before...Mines always been mooshy like pudding.
      #24; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:22:00 GMT
    • Quote:

=== Original Words ===

Superdude87

#25; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:23:00 GMT
    • i guess i learned something new.

i have been cutting for 4 weeks now...

my starting weight was 207

today i weighed 200

my info is in my sig.

my face has beeing feeling kinda soft... and i was getting a bit concern about.

i read this thread late...

so can someone sum up everything that has being said?

#26; Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:24:00 GMT